IMPORTANT ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES THROUGHOUT OUR WEBSITE AND HOTEL
Our goal is to provide hospitality to all people who travel to Carlsbad. This means everyone. Our mission is to make it as easy as possible for all people including those with hearing, vision, or any other disability to learn about our property and book their stay if they so desire.
If you have difficulty learning about or booking our hotel, we invite you to contact us via telephone or email and our friendly staff will gladly assist you.
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on https://www.marbrisacarlsbad.com/ regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology like a screen reader, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software.
To ensure this, MarBrisa Carlsbad Resort is committed to compliance with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing has been developed after carefully parsing these particular guidelines and is continuously being enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
We have tested our hotel’s website to ensure that we meet or exceed Level AA checkpoints of the WCAG 2.1 Standard.
Our hotel website allows visitors to search for accessibility featured guest rooms with ease and details our property’s accessibility features on our hotel Overview page which can be found here: Click Here
Our hotel has the appropriate policies, best practices, and procedures in place to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible rooms.
As part of our reservation processes, we:
- Modify our policies, practices, or procedures to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible rooms
- Identify and describe accessible features at our place of lodging and guest rooms offered through our reservations system in enough detail to reasonably permit individuals with disabilities to assess independently whether a given place of lodging or guest room meets his/her accessibility needs
- Ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented and the accessible room requested is the only remaining room of that type
- Reserve, upon request, accessible guest rooms or specific types of guest rooms and ensure that the guest rooms requested are blocked and removed from all reservations systems
- Guarantee that the specific accessible guest room reserved through our reservations system is held for the reserving guest, regardless of whether a specific room is held in response to reservations made by others.
If you require any assistance with booking your reservation, please contact us directly via email, phone, or social media, which you will find on our Contact Us page.
If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our hotel’s website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) HERE
- Accessible Main Entrance and Sale Office
- Tactile Warning Devices for the Visually Impaired
- Accessible Paths of Travel Throughout the Facility
- Accessible Elevators to Upper Levels
- Accessible Registration Transaction Counter
- Tactile and Braille Signage Throughout Facility for the Visually Impaired
- Accessible Fitness Center
- Accessible Public Toilet Rooms at Pool and Spa Areas
- Accessible Outdoor Pools and Spa With Chair Lifts and Stairs for Access
- Accessible Showers at Pool Area With Fold Down Seat and Adjustable Shower Wand
- Outdoor Patio Areas With Accessible Tables, Seating, Routes and Surfaces
- Accessible Laundry and Vending Machine Rooms Conveniently Located
- Disabled Guests Can Book Accessible Rooms During the Same Time and Terms That Others Can Reserve Rooms
- Qualified Service Animals Allowed at No Additional Charge
- Staff Has Information About Guest Accommodations
- Staff Is Trained To Offer Assistance for all Types of Disabilities
- WCAG Level 2.1 Website
- Service Animals Allowed
- Accessible Power Outlets
- Closed Captioning Television
- Accessible Path of Travel Around Beds
- Audible Alarms
- Telephone Alerts
- Doorbell Alerts
- Accessible Guest Rooms Available
- Guest Rooms With Accommodations for Hearing and Visual Impairments Available
- Entry Doors With 32” Wide Openings
- Wheelchair Accessible Clearances Throughout Room
- Accessible Kitchens With 34” High Counters
- Qualified Service Animals Allowed
- Toilet Grab Bars
- 3x3 Transfer Shower
- 32” Minimum Wide Door and Maneuvering Clearance
- Tubs With Grab Bars, Seat and Adjustable Shower Wand
- Showers With Grab Bars, Seat and Adjustable Shower Wand
- Lavatories With Accessible Accessories
This hotel website for MarBrisa Carlsbad Resort is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our hotel’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: https://www.marbrisacarlsbad.com/sitemap
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the MarBrisa Carlsbad Resort website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support